View Single Post
Old
01-12-2013, 12:10 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
I'd say Staal is a fairly good comparison in regards to where they were at in their draft years...let's not forget that people were making a projection on Staal too..he wasn't showing great offensive skills or production in junior (68 points and 28 goals in his draft year), but scouts figured when he matured and filled out that his physical skills would translate well to the pro game at both ends of the ice.

I talked to a senior eastern conference scout the other day about Gauthier - a couple of days after we'd both seen him in Gatineau...he figures the sky is the limit for the kid, and he's a top ten pick until further notice. Says he'll be a top two center who is excellent defensively, likes his skating, his size, his competitiveness, sense and vision....and I don't disagree. I would say he and Mueller are the two prospects most underrated by scouting agencies and draft followers at this time.
Big Mueller fan! After that WJC as well, everyone has their eye on him. What surprised me the most is how well he adjusted without Murray in Everett.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Honestly, if we only pick one of them (say, Gauthier) -- I'd say : keep a second rounder guys.

Mainly because I'm not convinced that Mantha and Carrier will end up being better than Samuel Morin in the long run.
I just don't see it with Morin. He makes just terrible mistakes every time I see him.