View Single Post
Old
01-12-2013, 12:52 AM
Head Goose
Doing Less Better

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Thanks. Didn't do any research because I thought all this was said Friday afternoon. Can't believe Sanguinetti will finally make the NHL (apparently). He was so highly touted at one point and really hasn't done anything.

So Sutter and Krueger won't make it? I've rooted for those two guys for years hoping they'd one day make it. Kinda disappointing.
Sutter could certainly fill in as a winger or a center on the fourth line. He's done so before, but we're not entirely positive how that would theoretically work out with the glut of bottom six forwards on this team.

As far as Krueger goes, Rutherford mentioned a while back about how he thought Krueger was good enough to be a #6 defenseman...maybe before training camp last year? I'm not sure exactly when or if that's directly in context, but that's what I think I recall. Either way, Krueger has also gotten buried below other prospects that we have acquired recently, and hasn't gotten a chance as of yet.

A lot of whether or not these guys get chances this year depends on whether or not these supposed trade rumors have legs, and what those rumors actually are. This link from back a little bit in this thread has all of us questioning the legitimacy of said rumors, and what possible trades might occur...whether they be simple moves to remove pieces that don't fit (Stewart), or actual moves that are of significant consequence (Pitkanen, McBain, etc).

Either way, It's going to be a rather interesting training camp for the Canes this year.

Head Goose is offline   Reply With Quote