View Single Post
Old
01-12-2013, 01:33 AM
cobra427

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Given the number of traditional powerhouse teams (Detroit, Philadelphia, etc.) and teams who are just desperate for high end skill on the blue line if they even want a sniff at the playoffs (Edmonton) the market on A player like Yandle is potentially very high. Provided a team blows us away with an offer we could not refuse and we get pieces that fit into Maloneys and Tippets long term strategy I would understand such a transaction. I trust in Maloney and in no way shape or form am I advocating giving this asset away.
I agree, Yandle has high trade value. He is a legitimate 1st line D, has to be one of the top 30 in the league. How could he be traded if a first line forward is not coming back? I say no way. D are worth more straight up then forwards. I think GMDM will be patient, because he knows at the end of the day, somebody will be desperate at the deadline or the summer, to dump a forward, and we can get him without moving Yandle. I think it will be more likely that we move say Stone, Runblad and a pick for a first line star forward from an under achieving team looking for assets to rebuild. All teams are giddy right now, but that will change quickly once all these high powered, potential teams, like Edmonton, loose 6 to 4 every night, because they have no defense. Then the phone rings for D men looking to build a solid foundation like Tip and GMDM have in today's NHL.