View Single Post
Old
01-12-2013, 08:05 AM
Kaibur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
Wildly speculated by Oilers' fans! I believe it was with Pittsburgh and dealt with Michalek, Staal, and then the 'Canes offer for Staal (and why it took so long - 3 team trade). I do not believe for a minute that Maloney would consider trading Yandle for Gags and MPS, not without the #1 pick being involved. If the 'Canes had a decent to offer instead of d'men, KY may be a Penguin at this time. IMO, Michalek, Sutter, Skinner, and the 8th pick might of done it. But now the Coyotes have Michalek, Moss, and Sullivan as additions. I'm glad that GMDM didn't trade Yandle at that time, it wasn't as dire as 1st thought. He did pretty good during the free agency period.
Jordan Staal for Yandle was talked about as pretty even at that time. Would you take or do you think Yandle's value is what Staal fetched? Sutter, Dumoulin, and #9 overall? Sutter would fit Tippett's system really well and Forsberg was still on the board at #9, and I believe the club had him ranked really high.

It sounds like most fans on these boards are only willing to see Yandle moved in a one-for-one or as part of a package - not, to fetch a selection of pieces.