View Single Post
Old
01-12-2013, 08:28 AM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafar View Post
I'm sorry but I think it's you that is missing the point.First of all he never said ''the schools are crap here''.Preferring to send his daughter to schools in her hometown when she is entering highschool (which is probably the most crucial moment in someone's life path , I could talk about it for hours) isn't the same as saying the schools are crap.I remember when I was 12 years old , one thing I wouldn't have wanted is definitely that my father brought me to another city when I'm chilling with my friends and building my personality and life during puberty.Those are sacrifices.

Of course he had 4 millions per year to console himself , but maybe the money wasn't as much consolations to his family , and a unhappy family could lead you to reconsider things.No matter how much money you make moving your family that include teenagers to a new town is a sacrifice.Money can't buy everything , and you know Erik Cole is an old player , he already has a lot of money , so his quality of life won't necessarily step up that much with the last 8 millions in the bank.Maybe it would truly be preferable for his family to stay at home on a long-term level.If he thinks it's best for his daughter why should he sacrifice and gamble this? To play for the Montreal Canadiens? I'm sorry but the Montreal Canadiens would finish 2nd to my family and I'm a Montreal guy.He isn't.

It seems he didn't appreciate the new deal , so with what I already said if he lose more money on top of it , the choice is beginning to make more and more sense in his mind.I'm fine with it , he gave us good hockey.
What you don't understand is that it's not the fact Cole would not be finishing his contract, it's that he feels the need to whine about the CBA now and use it as a reason to possibly retire.

He didn't simply say I loved being with my family and WILL retire.

He whined about the CBA and said he is thinking about it. I don't think he needs to involve fans and medias in his mood swings right before camp a year in advance of doing it. I just don't see what purpose this served. Common sense.

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote