View Single Post
01-12-2013, 07:28 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Canuckman44 View Post
I really thought all the d played with "tenacity". Wiercioch made the effort to get shots on net and scored on the long shot. Boro made a great play and sniped a nice goal shelf.(missed his check on one of their goals) Gryba drove the net hard and got drew a penalty call that Wiercioch scored on. Benoit put a lot of shots toward the net and used his small body to "position" players off the puck. Wideman moved the puck well.
The way Weircoche has played this year and how much he was touted when he was in college, I think the #6 spot is his to lose in Ottawa. He would look nice on that bottom pairing and on the 2nd PP unit - it's the perfect fit for him coming into the NHL.

Weircoche has the skill to play in the NHL and he has patterned his game off of the less physical, more body position Dman like Lidstrom and the only questions remains is - is his brain fast enough to keep up with NHL play? If you aren't going to do it with your body, you gotta do it with your head and I wonder if he can play consistantly at an NHL level over such a tight schedule?

Tuna99 is offline   Reply With Quote