View Single Post
Old
01-12-2013, 08:41 AM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
I've got a question for you. Do you think he is considering retiring or blowing hot air?

If he wants to retire, that's fine, he has every right to, for all the reasons you mentioned above, but, if he is just running his mouth, like he did towards Roman Hamrlik, then he needs to ****.

There is a time and a place for everything, you don't come out days before camp and whine about negotiations and how they impacted you financially and decide now that you will think about retiring next year. He's planning on playing this year at least, he has never indicated anything to suggest he isn't. Those conversations should be reserved for him and management in private and at the end of the year as he is already committed to playing this season.

I can't imagine what the reaction would be if Cammy or one of the other scape goats from last year had have voiced similar ******** comments, they would of been stoned to death.

As a professional athlete you should act in a manner that is professional and in the best interest of both yourself and those who write your cheques.
Sure , the timing isn't the greatest , but I can't stand the ridiculous expectations the fans have about the players as far as off-ice behavior goes.These aren't politicians , they are guys that are mostly highschool drop-outs who happens to be good at putting pucks in nets.People have a lot of expectations they wouldn't be able to meet themselves , and while people don't make millions , the players don't make millions for their political skills either.They win millions to put pucks in the net , and Erik Cole did it 35 times last year.

Could he simply have think about it in private? Sure.Are those comments bad enough to deserve the kind of reactions you would expect from a bunch of hysterical schoolgirls? No.

Because let's not lie to ourselves , what I see in this thread is very similar to how a schoolgirl would react to anything that **** her off.How about a little emotionnal control?

Of course Cole's behavior isn't the most sympathetic at the moment , but reacting that strongly to it is juvenile at best.

Last edited by BenchBrawl: 01-12-2013 at 08:51 AM.
BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote