Thread: Confirmed with Link: Leafs fire Burke
View Single Post
Old
01-12-2013, 07:43 AM
ODAAT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovi View Post
Ex Maple Leafs GM Brian Burke: "I was floored, and I still am stunned. I've never been fired before. How am I doing? I'm doing OK. I'm so grateful I had a chance to run the crown jewel franchise of the NHL. I'm grateful to have been given the chance to live in Toronto. I love this city and I am grateful for the support of the fans. Once I found, I called the older kids, but I wanted the little ones to hear it from me first. They were OK. They just wanted to know if we'd have to move again. I said no. I think I can help as a consultant, I've been at this for a while. I have my name on the Stanley Cup. I'll do whatever I can. I wish Dave and the Toronto Maple Leafs all the success in the world. I'll do my best to help them win."
'Crown Jewel Franchise' Classic Burke

So are the NBA`s Clippers a Crown Jewel too??

Burke deserved his walking papers, no playoff appearances in 4 years, what he didn`t deserve is to have those papers handed to him on the back of a brand new CBA and the eve of the new season. As soon as the Leafs were outta the picture last year, THAT, IMO, would have been the appropriate time.

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote