View Single Post
Old
01-12-2013, 11:27 AM
Boom Boom Anton

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by What the Faulk View Post
Sutter has played with the same Staal as Tlusty in the past and didn't make near the impact that Jiri did. And when he wasn't playing with Staal, Tlusty wasn't getting much better linemates either while only getting :25 seconds more PP time than Sutter. And that can be almost balanced out by Sutter getting 1:30 more even strength time than Tlusty.

I recall Sutter getting a few games here and there with Staal, but not an extended, consistent 30 game stretch on that line like Tlusty did. And I disagree that saying Sutter's even strength time evens it out..he was in a checking line role against the other teams top lines with little talent on the wings.

Anyhow, I like Tlusty so I agree with you about his potential for a breakout season. He's young, has a good all around game, and some decent skills and if he can stay healthy, I can seem him putting up some points this year. I can also see him being more offensively productive than Sutter, so won't argue that. My only comment was that making a comparison to Sutter's PPG total isn't very valid as they were used in 2 totally different ways with totally different linemates.

Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote