View Single Post
Old
01-12-2013, 12:51 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
That's not what Fehr is. The post you responded to said "can score, good third liner". Halpern? Rupp? We have basically two third liners on this team: Boyle and Pyatt. One of Hagelin, Kreider or Cally will end up playing on the third line because there's not enough room in the top six. But in the case of injuries or someone playing terribly or Kreider needing to be sent down, it would be nice to have another capable, legit third liner available to fill in, rather than moving Rupp or Asham up to the third line. As far as I'm concerned, Rupp, Halpern, Asham should never play more than fourth line minutes. So yes, adding a legit third liner on a cheap deal would be a very good move.
Is Halpern so much different than Pyatt? I should have mentioned I was thinking bottom-six altogether, which is usually how I see players like this. Halpern has scored 25-30 pts on average since the last lockout, similar to Pyatt. Rupp, maybe not.

Shouldn't we be better off attempting to fill that position from the ground up instead of signing journeymen?