01-12-2013, 01:03 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogopogo View Post
Care to explain?

BTW - I said nothing about parity.
Okay you didn't use the word parity, you said "to have an equitable league" which pretty much means the same thing.

I understand how drafts work and also have an understanding about recruiting for college, specifically in football with family members being involved in the process.

Both have their pros and cons but this necessity of a draft is always overblown and it's pretty obvious that there is no need for one.

The draft is a recent invention in hockey circles and took over from the reserve player clause but both systems put the control factor in the teams favor and the player has extremely limited options of playing elsewhere if they want to become professional hockey players.

Look I'm not a huge Forberg fan but this "suck it up and just play" mentality and the defending of Prince George, which is an extremely poorly run team, is equally as damaging to hockey IMO.

Forsberg is a great talent but he won't succeed unless he pouts in the work and effort.

Likewise for PG, they have to actually develop talent and create a better environment, something which is unlikely to happen under the current ownership IMO.

Also in ending teams have protected player lists as well as the draft and this is from the site.

The following WHL stars were not selected in the WHL Bantam Draft but were added to a WHL Club PPL at a later date: Jarome Iginla, Darcy Tucker, Dan Hamhuis, Scottie Upshall, Joffrey Lupul, Jeff Woywitka, and Shane Doan, just to name a few.

We are seeing more push back and players wanting control, see for example.

The OHL has seen this as well and it isn't falling apart is it?

Hardyvan123 is offline   Reply With Quote