View Single Post
Old
01-12-2013, 01:21 PM
Ottomatic

vCash: 500
Spits will still have an uphill battle to get into the play-offs - the games against Saginaw will be must wins. We have to hope the trading away of Trocheck will eventually wear on them and that these wins without him are just rallying cries and will fade away.

Spits need two points out of the weekend two games at least. Playing two tough teams to boot on the road. I hate the Belleville rink, it's a huge home ice advantage while I think the boys will be up playing against DJ Smith.

I think WR's ego got in the way of moving Bateman. He couldn't accept whatever he was being offered given the package he paid for him - so will go into "I'll prove you wrong mode" and hope that Bateman will still come around - hopefully Koekkoek's presence will rub off on him a bit. We've seen seventeen you olds here struggle and move on to be good to solid OHL players - Blacker during our run, and Webermin who was in largely the same situation as Bateman here. Bateman could have used the fresh start, but maybe he can get that here playing in the bottom pair with no pressure to provide any offense now that Koekkoek and Murphy are here for that ahead of him. He can greatly simplify his game, and as the 6th defenceman on our roster has no pressure to do anything.