View Single Post
Old
01-12-2013, 03:03 PM
DesertDawg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoAZ View Post
This is where the shortened season might help us. Teams should have to carry an extra defenseman. No matter how much they worked out, there will be a lot of players out of shape. This will mean days off are needed with the compacted schedule and probably a lot more injuries. With our depth on D, we have quality dmen that could really help other clubs. We could move 1 vet and 1 young guy that's ready for full-time action and still be deep. Say we move either Morris or Klesla and one of the young guys. There will easily be 8 guys that can play on the big club. I'm not sure what we could get for 2 of our dmen not named Yandle but I bet DM could put together an attractive package for a scorer.
With the way the Coyotes play and if they want to stay effective, they will need to rotate the 'D' and keep everybody relatively fresh. IMO, ATM, I don't think that anybody can replace Morris or Klesla. We'll see during the season, but I wouldn't expect a trade of either player until, at least, after the playoffs. I don't expect the Coyotes to get a top player and would be very surprise if Maloney does (except for Iginla).

DesertDawg is online now   Reply With Quote