View Single Post
Old
01-12-2013, 02:31 PM
Tiranis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyheadhurts View Post
This will be AV's 7th season as head coach and nearly the entire core of this current team is proof that one of AV's strength is developing young players.

AV has always given ice time to those who've earned it. This includes a young Kesler, Edler, Hansen, Burrows, Raymond, Tanev, Hodgson, Schneider, etc. The Sedins went from low level, fringe firsts liners to back to back Art Ross winners; they were 25 when AV started and he was the one who immediately made them the top line when he arrived. I honestly don't understand this reputation that some fans give him as an anti youth coach. What players have deserved more ice time that AV has given the shaft to? Is that list as long as the one I just provided?

If you want to watch ill prepared young players being shoe horned into roles above their heads, then the Oilers are the team for you. The Canucks are competing for a Cup, not running a farm team.

AV's not perfect by any means, but this is the one area that I feel he is beyond reproach.
I'm also a bit surprised that people think that AV will automatically choose Ebbett over Schroeder. Or that Kassian will not get the playing time he deservers.

AV praised Schroeder a good amount after last year's preseason. Just because he hasn't made the team yet doesn't mean that AV has anything against him. If anything, knowing AV's preference for hard-working players that are committed in all three zones, Schroeder will quickly become one of his favourites (if he shows he's got what it takes to be at this level).