View Single Post
Old
01-12-2013, 02:55 PM
Grant McCagg

vCash: 500
Morin is improving during the season...scouts like to see that from a big prospect,especially a 6-7 one - he is raw and is certainly a project, but he could be quite a force when he's filled out.

He played pretty well in Hull - skates well for a 6-7 dman his age and he's got a mean streak in him..the main thing is that he wants to move guys out from in front of the net even if he doesn't always succeed at this point, also not afraid to use his stick to remind the guy he's there, and he can fight.

I can see him being a tough SOB to play against in three or four years if he gains the necessary strength. He's not going to be a rushing defenceman that runs your power play...but he was keeping it simple and getting the puck on teammates' sticks for the most part that night. I could picture him paired with Tinordi in a few years, and being quite effective. Mind you I also picture Diaby with Tinordi....Lucic would have his hands full with either of those pairings.

Morin would be a riser..starting to hear some whispers that if the improvement continues he'll be considered in the first round - I don't see it at this point, but safe to say that if he doesn't revert to early season form someone will take a flyer on him in the second round, perhaps the top 40.