View Single Post
Old
01-12-2013, 03:43 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Rundblad interest me big time, but not at the price of Read +2nd rounder. I think we might have that pick on the wrong end. Rundblad, has the potential, but has been inconsistent in the NHL. He has played well in the AHL though, but still needs to improve the defense in the NHL. His offensive upside is intirguing, but why are the Flyers trading the pick when Read is a proven 20 goal scorer and had 48 points in his rookie year. He has two year left on his contract also before he is a UFA. Rundblad needs to be resigned also after this year, and will be tricky to determine his pay without him playing consistently in the NHL.

Rundblad +3rd or 4th rounder

For

Matt Read.

Yes I understand Matt Read only played one year, but he showed he can hang in the NHL. He is versatile as well with playing the power play and also penalty kill. He played a pretty big part of our forward group.
Read will never be better than a good 2nd liner. Rundblad could outscore him as a D, he has some of the highest offensive potential in the world. No way the Yotes add. I can see why you wouldnt want to add to Read, he's a gem, but Phx could get a similar player elsewhere.
Also Rundblad will sign for a mil this offseason, unless he proves he's worth more.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote