View Single Post
Old
01-12-2013, 05:04 PM
zeus3007*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
It was everywhere during draft. Here's a column discussing the validity of the matter from the Edmonton journal where they picked up the report from Gallof who writes for CBS Sports.

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...-keith-yandle/

I'm sure if you run the same google search that I did you will find more reports.
So you're using speculation based off a CBS guy who isn't exactly respected and works for a team in a different conference? The link you gave me pretty much runs the notion through the dirt, saying it is unlikely that it really happened.

What I've heard about this rumor is that it is a rumor, nothing more. You can't use a rumor, one that most people in the know don't believe, as the gospel.

I'm not saying it never happened, for what its worth. I'm saying that I don't think that the rumor monger isn't enough to say it did for sure. I think that is the type of value that Yandle would demand, but am not sure if its the type of value that Phoenix would want.

My biggest question is, that IF this offer was made at the draft, and IF Phoenix was going around telling everyone that they would need to match it or beat it, which the article also claims, then why would any teams that didn't match it or beat it then do so now?