Thread: Value of: David Rundblad to Philadelphia
View Single Post
Old
01-12-2013, 05:09 PM
FlyersFan61290

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Del_ View Post
If I were the Coyotes GM, I would be targeting Couturier. He's defensively responsible so you know he'd fit with Tippett, and he has untapped upside. Worst case, you have another Hanzal to throw out in our top 6. And we have very talented defensemen to spare.
Now I don't think Rundblad has that kind of trade value until he has more time under his belt mind you. There's way too much risk there for Philly. Having said that, he is amazing with the puck and seems to be progressing. It might not be long until he does.
Honestly, Read and a pick would not interest me. Rundblad's upside is just too high. It's not bad value, but I don't think Read is interesting enough for me to pull the trigger. If I was trading Rundblad, I'd want another potential gamebreaker back, and that's not Read (good as he is).
Phoenix doesn't need to trade a defenseman until it's clear Rundblad/Gormley/Stone are ready for full-time roles in the top 4. When/if they are ready, their trade value will be much higher than it is now. That is the time to make a trade: either a veteran to make room or an up and coming but established D. Either way we get a much better return then than now.
I can respect hat but Couturier is a non starter.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote