View Single Post
Old
01-12-2013, 05:28 PM
Xspyrit

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix Rises 2026 View Post
No one is untouchable. It's silly to say otherwise.

I've come to realize that when people here say "this guy is untouchable", they really mean "I don't think another GM would offer what I'd want in return to move him".
Yeah it's more like it. It comes to the point that it's unrealistic to expect the player to be moved.

Like Alfredsson for example. He means so much to the Sens that it would require a massive overpayment from another team and no GM would be ready to pay the price. Another reason why players like Toews, Stamkos, Doughty, Crosby... don't get traded. Too important for their team

Of course, anyone can be traded as Gretzky got traded before.

I think Karlsson and Spezza are now in that category and the rest (Lehner, Cowen, Silf, Zib, Turris) is who I want to build around

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
If the right offer comes around, nobody is untouchable. But I will play the game.
That's the point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiscBrah View Post
You guys are ridiculous. You can't put players who have never proven themselves in the NHL as untouchable.

The only players that are untouchable are proven young players that you build your team around (Karlsson, Cowen) or players that have been with your team season after seaon (Neil, Phillips, Spezza) these guys have basically become the "franchise". Superstar status doesn't even really matter (see: nash)

Lol @ so many ppl voting Lehner. Ya he's amazing goalie but he isn't "untouchable" good players get traded all the time.
Hmmm... I realize I shouldn't have used the word "untouchable" as it creates confusion...

If you read the OP for more than 10 secs, you understand that it's more about who we want to build the team around... Not "untouchable" like "even if you offer me Malkin, Crosby and Letang I would say NO!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
Brad Peltz for me most def.
I had him at 8th but didn't select him because I wanted only 7 guys (1 goalie, 2 D-men, 2 Centers, 2 Wingers)

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote