View Single Post
Old
01-12-2013, 05:53 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampedx View Post
Dude, time on ice is fine but he wasnt always playing with your top 6 line mates. So based on TOI are you saying Duchene is a 3C? That doesn't make sense. And I never said I was an Avs expert, you guys are just deep at that position and teams in need of a C are going to make proposals for you.
Yes and no. The Avs don't actually use a #1 #2 and #3 role when it comes to there lines. They role all 3 evenly for the most part, usually whatever line is playing the hottest gets the extra little bit of ice time. But based on last year I would say yes in technical terms, Duchene was our #3C, but he was played more like a #1C while Oreilly was the #1A and Stastny the #1B.

And the only reason Stastny was playing with the weaker linemates was because Downie and Landeskog had developed obvious chemistry with Oreilly and were together all year. Stastny had the next best line mates in McGinn and Jones. Stastny and McGinn were on fire for the last 20 games, McGinn had something like 10 goals in those 20 games(don't know the exact #).

And just because the Avs have 3 very good centers doesn't mean were automatically in the market to trade one of them. THis is the problem with this part of HF Boards. Its called trade rumors and free agent talk, I don't understand while people are allowed to make baseless trade proposals when there's no rumor or speculation to back it up. They're been nothing said or mentioned to this point that would lead anyone to believe the Avs are trading Duchene, or any of there Centers for that matter. Now that could change tomorrow if Oreilly isn't signed, but as of right now there's no reason to believe the Avs are trading there Centers. Therefore there shouldn't even be a discussion about it.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote