View Single Post
Old
01-12-2013, 06:02 PM
Ridley Simon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
tebow is runs a run pass option qb position strong. not many do. the circus isnt on tebow. who told the jets to get him and then never make an offense to use him?

i am not a big tebow fan, but he runs the kind of offense that rgiii does far more than cousins does. btw...if rgiii blows his knee out again to become a pocket passer, will he become a novelty?
Even in the short time we've been able to watch RG3, its very obvious that he is a much better pure passer than Tebow. I realize that may not have been your point, but you mention novelty, which is what many consider Tebow. So you are certainly insinuating the comparison here, even if you try and slide out of it.

RG3 is a very good passer. He's not Brady/Manning/Brees/Rodgers (yet), but he has some great tools and a terrific arm. If he *had* to become a straight pocket passer, I wouldnt assume he'd be terrible...especially if thats all he had going for him, and it was what he had to set his mind too.

RG3 is a helluva leader, athlete, and student of the game. He's 22, and that is what showed with his playoff game antics, more than anything....his youth. As far as him as a player, you are selling him well short, Tex.

Well short.