Gettin back between the pipes
View Single Post
06-16-2006, 07:24 AM
Join Date: Dec 2002
A lot of goalies wear various types of sports underwear like underarmour. It's lightweight, it wicks the sweat away, and the smooth fabric keeps friction low, which lets your pads rotate easier. I wear tight-ankled yoga pants for comfort and flexibility.
I gear up in the following order:
1. I arrive at the rink my underthings, usually with sweats and a t-shirt over it.
2. I get out all my gear and check it over to make sure it's in good shape (no tears, straps in place, elbow cup laces tied, etc)
3. Jill and knee braces go on. I don't wear hockey socks, but if I did, this is when I'd put them on.
4. Pants go on and suspenders go up.
5. Skates go on.
6. Pads go on.
7. Throat protector goes on
8. Chest and arm protector goes on.
9. Jersey goes on
10. Mask goes on.
11. Blocker goes on, then glove, grab stick, go play.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by RedK