View Single Post
Old
01-12-2013, 06:42 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsFan74 View Post
I did say "I don't know" but, seeing as you'll be trading for him based on *this* season (and possibly beyond) and not the 2011-12 one and the fact that a prospect was a 1st rounder is truly inconsequential. A good prospect is a good prospect, no matter which round he was picked in.

From our perspective, if Morrow bounces back with good stats and we're still sure to miss a playoff spot, we're going to ask for somewhat of a premium in return for *our captain*- please don't forget that. If it's Joe Morrow, Despres, Tangradi, ____________(insert name) is immaterial. If you'd want him at that juncture under such conditions, we'd expect a good return and it's most likely a good prospect or a young roster player, which negates Martin (no, thanks).
Well, if that happened, then of course his services would be at a premium. But we can only work with what we know now.

I mean, I could wax about what return my Pens could get for Martin if he returned to form, but that wouldn't get me very far, would it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBL View Post
I don't want to thread hijack but what about a Lydman BM swap for Anaheim and Dallas? Problem I see with Pit is don't both Kunitz and Neal play LW as does BM? or does BM play RW as well.
Contrary to what a lot of outdated websites have him listed as, Neal has played RW exclusively since coming to Pittsburgh.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote