View Single Post
Old
01-12-2013, 07:47 PM
rynryn
Reluctant Optimist

vCash: 3362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
I said it when the deal was made that it was Zidlicky and getting rid of Foster for Palmieri, 2nd, and the conditional. Veillieux was just a useless fourth line that you can call up any AHL player to be.

I have no problem with the conditional, which had to do with the Devils making the ECF I believe. I'd give up that third every day of the week. Devils fans were just as happy we were giving up Foster as they were that we were getting Zidlicky. It was a total quantity over quality deal, it looked bad at the get go but once Wild fans got around to watching Veillieux, Zidlicky, and to a lesser extent Palmieri, they realize that the trade was made for a reason.
It was completely win win for reasons of subtraction. Wild fans were very familiar with Foster and Veillieux and completely disregarded them in the trade for that reason, though i suspect it was partially made to cover for our losses. We got hammered with injuries last year and they had to sign a bunch of players just to keep the farm club at full roster IIRC.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote