View Single Post
Old
01-12-2013, 07:06 PM
livewell68

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
well don't forget he had Plekanec in his line, or Zidlicky in bigger part of his played games that kind of helped get him rolling
Didn't Zidlicky leave after like 25 games? Jagr at one points was behind Plekanec in scoring as he himself missed 2 games with an injury. Once he got back on the ice (20 game mark) he took his game to another level. He averaged 2 PPG his last 15 games and finished a with 1.74 PPG to Plekanec' 1.44 PPG. No disrespect to Plekanec but it was Jagr that carried that line and team. He really seemed to get better as the season wore on. BTW the comment Jagr made today in his interview after practice in regards to the Czech league being played on larger ice surfaces was weird, I swear I saw those games being on smaller ice surfaces. They just seemed smaller than KHL ice surfaces.

I'm not saying he will score at a 1.74 PPG clip, but I am willing to bet the house that he is a PPG player and will flirt with 55-60 Pts over 48 games.

I watched a lot of Jagr's games last season and saw some practice/ training clips and he seemed to run out of gas at times. I used to see him panting almost at times after exerting himself. I know it was just a slight workout today, but he seems to be a more fluid skater this season, he is obviously a good 15-20 lbs lighter which will help with stamina/ skating and he has a different outlook this season going into the Dallas training camp. Last season Jagr wanted to prove he can still play in the NHL, this year he seems to want to prove that he can still be a star player. The fact that he's talking about the playoffs as a given thing for a team that has missed it for the last 4 seasons is a very good sign.

That was the mentality he had back in 2005-06 going into the Rangers' training camp. They were picked to finish as high as 26th in the NHL and as low as 30th that season only for Jagr to pretty much guarantee a playoff spot which he went and delivered on.

Last edited by livewell68: 01-12-2013 at 07:13 PM.
livewell68 is offline   Reply With Quote