View Single Post
Old
01-12-2013, 07:22 PM
Steve55

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredStreit View Post
Nassau doesn't want the Isles. They voted it down. You only have the residents of Nassau to blame for that-nothing else. NVMC is PATHETIC. Yes PATHETIC. I moved away from LI in 97-and even then it was time to move on.

Nassau was NOT an option. Due to the residents and politicians (who the residents voted in). Wang I'm not a big fan of at all-and I know most aren't. But nobody in their right mind can say that Wang didn't bust his butt trying to keep the Isles in Nassau-he tried for over a decade (literally).

Brookyln is a MUCH better option than Quebec. Even if they change their logo and name. Get over it.

Fans who want the Isles to stay in a pathetic arena, with pathetic attendance, pathetic fan support (not including the diehards like the ones on HF), pathetic roster year after year.

I'm 26 years old-I LITERALLY cannot remember a time when the Isles won a playoff series. Not a Cup, not a decent run-but a playoff series.

This team has had 2-TWO-good moments in the past 20 years. And 1 of them was a first round exit as a 5th seeded team. The franchise and fans are living in the past. I'm sick of hearing about the dynasty-it ended 30 years ago. Most players on our roster weren't even alive-let remember-the last cup.

Brooklyn is the start of a new page in Isles history-and GOOD. It can't be any worse than the one we're about to turn.
I felt the Isles had to leave Nassau when I heard rumours swirling about Ziggy Palffy possibly being dealt to the Rangers in 1999 (my high school grad year). Even though I wasn't an Isles fan back then, that news really saddened me.

Steve55 is offline   Reply With Quote