View Single Post
01-12-2013, 08:37 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
I am at a werid spot with this trade cause to me it can 1 of 3 ways

1. We get luongo for a reasonable price, fill the MASSIVE hole in goal and the team starts to round into fotm this is what I think happens.

2 We don't get luongo BUT reimer stays healthy and discovers the form he had as rookie the team proves to have a much younger, cheaper #1 goalie.

3. we don't get luongo team is crap goes on a mini rebuild keeps gardiner and Reilley adds a 1st rounder or 2 by trading lupul, possibly kessel, macarthur but keeps the likes of JVR Gardiner, Reilley adds, another blue chip prospect in Mackion, Jones, Barkov and uses their cap space in an effort to do a philly style rebuild they did in 2007

personally any way this goes i'm good there is no bad path to me
Ohhh, i could easily see disaster on this.

We trade much needed youth Gard or Kadri for Lou and only play well enough the next few seasons to barely miss the PO s and also keep us from prime draft territory.

His last 5 prime years only nets us a couple of just make it POs and some just misses, drafting in almost no mans land for a week team, then he gets to be hell on our books for another 5 years.

The only use i see us getting Lou is if we can land some top UFAs in the next 2 years and we all know our track record on that front.