View Single Post
Old
06-16-2006, 08:50 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Although it's possible that Geoffrion could be available in the 3rd round, I'm sort of predicting that he'll go in the 2nd. He is perhaps a bit more of a "safe" player, and to me he looks like his size is better than listed, skates well, and has the advantage of "fresh visibility" in scouts mind from playing really well at that WU-18. And maybe it is also an advantage now that he's American and going to a good university program where a team will be able to retain his rights for 4 years without having to sign him.

Some say that his hometown Thrashers may take him in the 2nd, before our pick.

I'd be quite satisfied if the Habs could find a way to take him, perhaps even 50th, although I'm still quasi-convinced there'll be a defenseman there who interest me more. He looked like a good solid up-and-down winger with a strong shot and a willingness to play the body. Not much flash, but I was thinking he'd look like a decent Adam Hall/Ethan Moreau type, which is pretty useful for filling out the lineup. I don't know how accurate that impression is, since I only saw him at the WU-18, but that's what I came away with, anyway FWIW.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote