View Single Post
01-12-2013, 09:41 PM
A guy with a bass
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
That's because he was mostly used as a fourth line center last year. What planet are you on? He is very positively noticeable, especially for a guy whose been playing FOURTH line center with PRUST and Fedetenko as linemates. Jeez. Come back to earth.
He was mostly used as a 3rd line center last year. What planet are YOU on? Not only is that how I remember the season, in which I watched every game, but the stats bear me out there. Boyle played the 3rd most ES minutes per game of all the centers who actually played center most of the year (as opposed to Anisimov and Dubinsky, who are listed as centers but spent much of the year on the wing).

Look, the real truth here is that Tortorella loves the guy and he's going to get 3rd line minutes more often than not. I'm not happy, nor unhappy with that. It's just the way it is. I just want us to bring in someone else who can fill a similar 3rd/4th tweener center role and share it with Boyle so we can have some versatility in the lineup. Someone like Dom Moore (if he wants to play). Either that or bring in a potential upgrade like Jason Arnott or Daymond Langkow. If they don't work out over the course of the short season, oh well. Boyle can still fill the role to an extent.