View Single Post
Old
01-12-2013, 09:58 PM
JaredCowenFan
Welcome King Leon

vCash: 500
My 2 Dub teams played tonight.

The Oil Kings took on the Sakatoon Blades on the road. And we took it 2-1! Baddock and Lowe scored for us, Nicholls replied for them(his 30th, still leading in Dub goals). Brossoit played tonight and was solid stopping 34/35 shots. Makarov was solid for them aswell stopping 30/32 shots. Looks like we just came out with the win and it was a big win as the 2 points are much needed. The Hitmen lost tonight, finally lol. So that's great! That puts us only 1 point behind them in our Division and are in 3rd in the Conference(but have more points than Prince Albert). We play the Meddy Hat Tigers tomorrow. 3 games in 3 nights, and if we win tomorrow we will jump 1 over on Calgary as they don't play tomorrow. Let's take advantage of that schedule boys!

And then the Rebels! A great effort in the later stages by us forsure. We dug ourselves into a hole, trailing 3-1 but we showed alot of character coming back to tie it 3-3! Hadyn Fleury the young very promising rook tied it at 19:59 with 1 second left! Maxwell and Volek(his 5th goals in 10 games with us and in as many games) scored for us. Morrisey, Gardiner and McNeill replied for them in even strengh. The game went into Over-time and we lost.. Very dissapointing considering that awesome comeback but Morrisey is a great player. He scores his 2nd of the game and takes the game for the P.A. Raiders. Bartosak was solid like usual stopping 40/44 shots and Siemens was decent for them. We atleast pick up a point there and still stay in the same spot in our Division and Conference. We sit in 4th in the Eastern Conference with 53 points. 5 points ahead of 5th seeded Lethbridge(They're tied with Meddy Hat 3-3 right now in the 2nd), 6 points ahead of the Broncos(they won tonight) and the rest we have a good advantage on but a loosing streak could erase that so we have to be/stay consistent. Next game we play the very same Edmonton Oil Kings. That game is next Thursday, so we get a 5 day break after our road trip. Another game of my 2 fave dub teams and both need the points so it sucks. I hope it goes to extra time.

Still a very entertaining night of Dub Hockey!