View Single Post
Old
01-12-2013, 10:39 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
Your arguments circulate on minutes per point on PP and strictly minute based stuff which ignore obvious things such as the amount of ice time each player has had per shift and QoC on power play.

Also, at the end its still a team game, like + -, don't expect Kuba's numbers to stay like that. Fluctuates, and Karlsson gets so much extra ice time it tilts his point per minute rating some. Its called fatigue, try running full speed for minute, and then do it for another minute. See what happens the second round.

I bring up Foligno vs Nash because of your obsession with one player being as good because of points per 60.

Rick Nash : Point per 26 minutes of ice time.

Nick Foligno : Point per 25 minutes of ice time.

Who you think gets more power play time between the two?

Rick Nash got 10x more in a trade, Erik Karlsson got a much better contract. My point is simple.

Its easy to cherry pick numbers, but its easy to see past it when you watch the games.
And again, not saying Kuba > Karlsson.

I'm saying Kuba's numbers being better are an indication than EK didn't carry him. That's all.

Very solid season for Kuba. His numbers indicate the play of a #1 d-man... yes inflated due to Karlsson, but very hard to believe it was just him.

If Methot plays the whole year with Karlsson, will his numbers be better than Karlsson? Hells no

Foligno vs Nash... did you read my post at all?

Nash played a shutdown role for team and faced the best players all the time... Foligno had sheltered minutes.

Nash played a defensive role in a crap offensive system and with crap offensive linemates. So his his points/ice time is lower than Foligno (who had an awesome season himself), that doesn't mean he's a worse player obviously. Nash is also used on the PK and was much more effective on the PP than Foligno, which adds extra value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
Mandy, how can you say "Kuba is better offensively and defensively than Karlsson" and then two sentences later say Kuba is not better than Karlsson?
Pretty sure that first one you're quoting is in regards to PP and PK.

GF/ice time, GA/ice time, +/-/ice time and points/ice time.

Kuba > Karlsson in ALL of these on the PP and the PK.

So yes, Kuba > Karlsson on the PP and PK. Maybe if Kuba had played as many minutes as EK, Kuba would be worse.... we don't know. But yes I would still choose EK over Kuba on the PP.

Even strength, Kuba was better defensively. But Karlsson had about 3x his points/ice time I think so yeah Karlsson >> Kuba for sure.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote