Thread: News Article: Leblanc's struggles in Hamilton
View Single Post
Old
01-12-2013, 11:15 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Gaines View Post
Leblanc was a concensus top 15 pick in that draft, I had absolutely no problem in Timmins drafting him even if there was a lot of pressure because he was Quebecois, all I heard were good things from him.

What's really hindered his development is the lack of hockey he's played in the last 3 years. Spent a year in Harvard in a system not ideal for his development, then played with the brand new Montreal Junior with injury issues if I recall correctly. Then he played in Hamilton last year and did fairly well, but played very little when called up to Montreal, while still having injury issues.

Now on top of that, he's playing 3rd line minutes in the AHL with no PP and injured himself again. It's tough to reach your potential when you don't play quality minutes with a quality team and you're not healthy. His physical condition must be worked on too. He's play much better at centre too, but he's been converted to wing for some reason.

Despite that, I think he has very good upside, but a mixture of injury issues and mismanagement has hurt him considerably. His hockey IQ is high, has soft hands, good speed, a natural high compete level and good vision. One thing that's a knock on him is that while having great work ethic, I have the feeling that he's kind of a wuss and feels sorry for himself when he faces adversity. Lacks character.
Good point brah.

I think it's possible that the poor guy is overworked too. Trying to make the NHL while studying at Harvard must have been hard. If I'm not wrong, he's also taking online classes at McGill while playing for Hamilton.

Maybe the guy should think about pausing his studies to concentrate on his hockey career more. If he busts, he can always go back to school.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote