Thread: Speculation: Hemsky to NJ
View Single Post
Old
01-13-2013, 12:36 AM
zeus3007*

vCash: 500
The biggest knock against Tallinder is his age. He's still a good defenseman, but plays very similar to Nick Schultz as well, so he would kind of be a duplicate. I'd be a lot happier with Andy Greene, I just don't think the Oil are looking for a guy who is a year or two away from retirement when moving Hemsky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
That sounds perfectly reasonable.
Essentially, that's what Devils fans are offering with Tallinder. His value might be lowered by the fact that we offer him up in every trade... but he does all the little things right. We just have too many dmen and we want to make way for some promising youth.

That aside, we're trading recurring injury risk for recurring injury risk... and, in the end, probably won't be enough of sure-fire deal for either GM to pull the trigger.

I love Hemsky's style of play, but I think with an aging roster and a 1st round pick to forfeit in the near future... I'd love to get someone a bit younger. (Personally)

In a vacuum, if both are playing to their potential, Hemsky for Tallinder seems perfect.

Sadly, not the value either team is looking for right now. Subject to change.
So we can put our claws away and save this for the many incoming deadline debates

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote