View Single Post
Old
01-13-2013, 12:18 AM
TheDaysOf 04
a new era

vCash: 500
http://blog.syracuse.com/crunch/2013..._flyout_sports
Quote:
"We should make sure we leave a good impression. There are a lot of guys who deserve to go up. I'm glad they chose us. It could have been a lot more players,'' Gudas said.
Quote:
"I know they are pretty set up there,'' Barberio said. "My job is to go there and make a good impression, try to get to know the guys as well.

"It is a big test. You are going to camp to make the team. We can also push them (the other players) to work better. We are trying to help them get in game shape as quick as possible, In the end, we're all in the same organization.''
Quote:
"A lot of it was need-based, potential needs for (the opener) Saturday,'' TB assistant GM Julien BriseBois said. "And needs for this week so we can have two groups scrimmage. Ideally, we would have had a training camp in September. Everyone would have had a chance to have the experience. Obviously, that wasn't possible.

"What we told them is we don't know how things will play out. But by the end of the week you want to be proud of your week, and you've left a good impression on the coaching staff in Tampa.''
Quote:
Tampa Bay GM Steve Yzerman flew into Syracuse for the Crunch's game against Rochester on Saturday so he could meet with the players who weren't recalled yet.

"That's one of the reasons why we like them so much. I'm sure they are disappointed,'' BriseBois said of the prospects. "But they are happy for their teammates who did go up. And in the grand scheme of things, this doesn't mean anything as far as their career. They should be proud of themselves.''
Quote:
Added Barberio: "There could have been so many guys going up. A lot of guys deserve to go up. I sure am delighted to be a part of that group. Out of respect for the guys who didn't go up, I have to give it my all. It's a good opportunity to showcase what we're doing here in Syracuse.''