View Single Post
Old
01-13-2013, 12:42 AM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
More like 25 million haha. And it is to say Malone's cap hit (4.5M) is higher than his actual pay (this year 3 mill, next 2 years 2.5). I see where you are going with this though. When it comes down to it, although happy with Vinny, he is over paid by about 2.5M. Thus out of our top 6 making Malone the most expendable.

I doubt he gets moved during the season. Depending where we stand at the deadline. He is a NMC right now, next season a NTC. Perhaps waiting until the draft to move him would be good.

And people saying he is not worth a 1st round pick are delusional. He has hit 20 goals every season except I think 2 (not sure if its 1 or 2). He digs, plays the body, and plays great in front of the net. Any team would love to have him. As others have said, If Gaustad and Downie (indirectly) can bring in first round picks, Malone should be able to bring a low first + decent prospect or 15-20 pick.
$25 million's the collective cap hits. The dollar commitment is $27 million to those 4, minus whatever's returned via escrow.

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote