Thread: Line Combos: Roster/lines discussion
View Single Post
Old
01-13-2013, 01:24 AM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
I don't get why it has to be Dalpe vs. Boychuk. I understand they're competing for similar icetime/roles, but it's pretty likely that we're going to see a slew of guys up and down until somebody steps up and really claims it. I think the fact that they didn't strip Charlotte entirely by calling up EVERY player that merited it was a good call. It's not like they haven't seen enough of Dalpe, it's just that Boychuk has been superior this season in the AHL. I would like to think that Boychuk will bring the heat all year, but knowing our organization at the first sign of trouble we'll see the deck chairs shuffled. I do feel like Dalpe has lost his focus at the AHL level the way Boychuk had in seasons prior. He's not playing with nearly enough passion.... save when the lockout was close to being over and he really stepped it up. Funny how that works.

I wonder if players called up for camp will have to clear waivers when going back down to the AHL? It would be interesting to see. I think that Boychuk is waiver eligible this year. If he makes the squad and doesn't stick, I wonder if another team would bite. Same with Dalpe, Sangs, and the rest of the crew.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote