View Single Post
Old
01-13-2013, 02:01 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
Boo Jordan Staal? What? He left to play with his brother, and in a bigger role, and he handled it as amiably as possible. We got a good return for him... and one of the most important goals in Pens history from him:

I forgot how sick that goal was...wow.

As for my answer to the question at hand, I'll cheer him primarily for this reason. As for him wanting to play a bigger role and be on a team with his brother, those are two totally understandable reasons for his depature as well IMO. Even for those I don't blame him one bit. Sure he might not have have as much success as a Cane as he may have if he stayed in the Burgh, but if playing with his brother and filling a bigger role make him happy...go for it I say. Plus he already has a Cup ring and even if he never wins another Cup again, at least we can look back years from now with a smile, happy memories, and know that the one Cup he did win....was with us.

All in all, there came a time that one day we knew that we'd have to let go of one of either Sid, Geno, MAF, or Staal. And personally I'd rather give up Staal then any of the other 3.

MetalheadPenguinsFan is online now   Reply With Quote