View Single Post
Old
01-13-2013, 03:56 AM
Kyleftlx
twitter*****/kyle_ftl

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Kyleftlx
I think that it's quite possible they both end up just not working out in Detroit. People on here make sense in saying that Emmerton could switch to winger and end up with a strong career, but as far as I see, Detroit has a huge amount of NHL quality center depth players coming up in the next couple of years in guys like Jarnkrok, Andersson, and Sheahan, and while he may be better than Andersson, I think the other two are easily going to take priority over Emmerton unless he steps up his game soon or is able to switch positions effectively.

Mursak is probably even less likely to be given a chance than Emmerton. Dude has done nothing to impress Babcock enough to get playing time, and when given it he hasn't really done much with any of it... he doesn't do anything to really stand out too much. Everyone here says he's got such a higher ceiling, which may be true, but he needs to actually bring it sometime and do something impressive so that he can hold down a spot for himself. I guess the same should be said for Emmerton, but Emmerton is clearly favored for whatever reason due to how much more playing time he got last year.

Kyleftlx is offline   Reply With Quote