View Single Post
Old
01-13-2013, 04:22 AM
begbeee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Yzerman was a HHOFer somewhere from 1989 to 1993.
He was considered a choker. 1998 washed this label and there was no white place on his career map. Nobody doubted about him past 1998.
Quote:
Are we Cup counting?
Why not?
Quote:
He was a HHOFer before he was ever traded to Detroit.
Really? Tell me more about Makarov.

Quote:
Looking at this, and what you said for Yzerman and Hull... you clearly didn't watch hockey very much. Patty La' 1993 season was NOWHERE near Yzerman's 1989 season in dominance; Yzerman played fewer games, scored more goals and points, and Yzerman was 62 points ahead of his nearest linemate as opposed to 23 points ahead of his 76-goal winger (Mogilny scored more goals that year than Yzerman's RW Paul MacLean had points in 88-89).
Ouh..neverending argument about watching a hockey. Yes because everybody in the history section watched Morenz and Shore play. 1993 was on of the LaFontaine's defining career mark, if not the biggest then arguably the last. Did he become a HOFer if there is no 1993?
Quote:
Because guys who average 40-goal seasons for their career and hit the mark or close almost every year are clearly only considered HHOFers after they retire.
I dont see your point here.
Quote:
How about "When he finished second among forwards in scoring over a decade"? That seems like a better decription of why 1990 would be the year.
Of course, along the fact he did it on one (canadian) team.
Quote:
Because all PPG players from the 80s are in the Hall, especially those who avoided the DPE. Now argue Bernie Nicholls, Steve Larmer, Theoren Fleury, Pierre Turgeon, or Eric Lindros OUT since you've given a stated reason why Mullen belongs, and they are superior in that area.
I believe Mullen is there mostly because he was leading american scorer at the time along with cup. Fact he remained PPG player definitely helped. Exaggerated: biggest moment of Joe Mullen's path to Toronto was that he was born to american parents.

begbeee is offline   Reply With Quote