Thread: News Article: Leblanc's struggles in Hamilton
View Single Post
Old
01-13-2013, 08:07 AM
Estimated_Prophet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHab View Post
Am I not correct to say that in late summer, after all the staff hirings had been finished, that Bergevin brought everyone together, both NHL and AHL staff, into one boardroom and together they discussed, planned and decided what type of team, style of play and system they wanted to see introduced. Was it not their decision, at that time, they would teach and train their prospects to play the same system they would be introducing to the big club? I understood that it was a group decision that their first priority for Hamilton was not winning the championship but producing players for the Montreal Canadiens.

I have followed the Habs long enough to know that this is not a new idea in Montreal. This is the way it was when Sam Pollock ran the team. The Nova Scotia Voyageurs were a mirror image of the Habs thus any player coming up to Montreal, whether he stayed a for a long period of time or just a short stint, easily fit in because he knew how to play in that system. When Carbo came to Montreal he, too, was groomed to play a certain way, a defensive centerman although he had been a prolific scorer in Junior. Let's not read too much into this folks. After all, this is Montreal and it is about the Habs and their prospects. We all know how much sensationalism sells in the land of Hab fans. The media does, too. Cheers.
I am afraid Lefebvre may not be intelligent enough to understand what is being asked of him. If it is true that he told Leblanc that because he will be a 3rd liner in the NHL that he needs to learn how to play as a 3rd liner in the AHL........then he is a bonified moron and should be fired immediately.

I am taking this article with a grain of salt as it may just be a writers personal agenda at play here but, where there is smoke.........

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote