View Single Post
Old
01-13-2013, 08:23 AM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Johnson View Post
KP... We can't assume what's been said. If you do the research and look at the facts it just does not make any sense. Look at the begining of the season when Lopez was paired with Webermin. They played well together even on the PK unit. Why was that pairing dismantled? Look at the game sheets. Why was Lopez put on the blue line and Lodge was not, same stats coming out of GTHL? Looking at the facts if you put Lopez into the lineup where Lodge is right now I can bet you that by the end of the season Lopez bypasses Lodge's stats. Has he been given a chance to play forward? They drafted him as a forward. So why not play him against the best team in the OHL and judge him from one game. That makes as much sense as trading your best player for a rookie with a concussion!
Your right, I shouldn't assume what's been said. But I'm not going to look at his stats from the GTHL and say he would be putting up the same numbers as Lodge. EVERYBODY that gets to the OHL puts up numbers like Lodge and Lopez did in the lower levels. Lodge is better skater, puck handler, passer, shoter, and hockey player in general. Lopez has looked sort of OK out there during his time this year and ohter guys have got better, faster. Like Lodge, Moutrey, Addison, Alexeev, etc.

Just wondering who'd you take out to put Lopez in at forward? Perklin: He brings physicality that Lopez doesn't, Same with Lindberg and Sutch. Sadowy: He brings more hustle and effort than Lopez. Trafford: Better PK guy and better speed. Take anybody else out and your dealing with taking out a top six that's been clicking lately. So you can see why it might be a problem for Lopez to get time at forward.

Last edited by Kingpin794: 01-13-2013 at 08:47 AM.