Thread: Pre-Game Talk: Habs Training Camp
View Single Post
Old
01-13-2013, 10:27 AM
Sebaldian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
  • "With the new CBA, and the future years, the best solution for the Habs and the team was to let Scott Gomez go home, get his salary, and buy him out when summer comes. I told it to him at 730 am this morning"
  • "If someone called in for a trade, I would possibly accept, but it is highly doubtfull considering the cap floor and roof".
  • "By leaving Gomez home, it opens 900K for the cap" (Not sure If I understood this well)
  • Met with Donny Mehan in Toronto for PK yesterday. When asked about PK Getting traded, Bergevin cut the question and said "No no no, I don't even think about PK getting traded. Won't happen
  • Said that Gomez wasn't a distraction, was all done for the Habs future and the fact that they need capspace next year. Won't play in Europe cause they are sending him home so he doesn't get injured, which would make it unable to buyout his contract next year
You can burry the first $900k of a contract in the minors, but everything over that counts. So they're essentially assigning him to the minors but not playing him there.