View Single Post
Old
01-13-2013, 09:35 AM
SERE 24
LGR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
haha I figured...He is a devil, but I never liked him from when he was with Atlanta, and although I am sure the devils will find a way to be very competitive still, I just think they are winding up similar to the thrashers where kovy is the face of the franchise in the front and spotlight and carrying the team and it sure seemed like he crumbled under that type of pressure. Last season parise was the face, now it is kovy again. I just don't believe he is a player to build a team around.
I don't think that's that fair considering Atlanta was a terribly managed team, top down. One guy is never going to do it all for you, and he was mostly a young player there and hadn't learned to play both sides of the game. He was definitely NJ's best player last year and through most of the playoffs despite playing with a pretty bad injury. New Jersey needs to find a goaltending solution for the future or they will struggle, but they have Larrson and Henrique and some other good prospects and I think their GM is much, much better than the Atlanta situation.