Thread: Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign (D) Kurtis Foster (Jan. 13)
View Single Post
Old
01-13-2013, 10:55 AM
BrimFullofAsham45

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Well, if Jimmy Develano's comments about the Flyers and them trying to poach Weber as an RFA were correct, there might be quite a few teams who won't want to deal with the Flyers. Fact is, this is still an old boy's club and that you can bet plenty of owners were upset with how the Flyers went about business with Weber. I think it's very possible that the owners might teach the Flyers a lesson by refusing to deal with them. I suppose though there will always be a Carolina that will always deal with them, no matter what......
This is simply ludicrous. Signing Foster is a sign that NHL managers won't talk to Holmgren? Yeah right, last time I checked, every team in the league could use another top 4 defenseman. That is why the Flyers didn't trade for one today. There is an extremely high demand, and basically no supply.

And "teaching a lesson?" Even more laughable. The meatheads that make up the Flyers brass aren't going to let silly comments by Devellano get to them. Bottom line is, the Flyers have been disliked for years and the NHL is a business, and sometimes you have to do business with people you don't like. I'm Still waiting for the Flyers to be blacklisted over that Kesler offer sheet.

BrimFullofAsham45 is offline   Reply With Quote