View Single Post
Old
01-13-2013, 11:52 AM
RPGrizzly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgeous George View Post
Probably should send Holland back to the AHL if he does not crack the top three lines.
I would agree, it only leaves us with 1 defensive center, but both Randy and Bruce have shown they feel comfortable with Getzlaf taking defensive faceoffs. Holland could theoretically play on a line with Winnik, with Winnik taking the draws then sliding back to wing with Holland taking over the center ice... Who knows, this team has a lot of options, I like to call it flexibility and you can look at it as a positive or negative thing. Either way, that's what we have on the table and everything depends on what Bruce is hungry for (ice cream?)

Remember Getz and Perry broke into the league as 20 year olds on the 4th line, same with Ryan, DSP. All highly touted rookies, each playing 11-12 minutes on the 4th line. If anything it would be normal for Holland-Palmieri to play 11 minutes a game on the 4th line. You have to establish yourself in the NHL somehow, get your feet wet, and I'd be more comfortable with Holland playing sheltered minutes this season and jumping to the 2-spot next season, rather than him eating up AHL minutes then being thrown into the spotlight next season.

RPGrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote