View Single Post
Old
01-13-2013, 12:32 PM
habsfanatics*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
He COULD play hockey. He just has to agree to walk away from the contract. I'm pretty sure they can mutually agree to tear up the contract and all would be fine. He can also retire and then come back to void his contract. The only thing stopping Gomez from playing hockey is Gomez.
I think you're wrong on the retiring part. I don't think that is an option at all for Gomez. As for tearing up his contract, sounds good in theory, but lets be honest here. Who in their right mind would do that? I'm not saying I'm home losing sleep over this, I just wish this **** would happen to players of lesser character. Gomez is a good guy and I have a bit of a soft spot for him.

The idea that he should just tear up his contract is not a realistic option for Gomez. Please try to look at this rationally and from Scott's perspective for five minutes.

I feel like the NHLPA screwed one of their own today. I'm not sure why they weren't adamant about the compliance buyouts being effective immediately. This all could have been avoided.

habsfanatics* is offline   Reply With Quote