View Single Post
Old
01-13-2013, 12:56 PM
rockinghockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
The opportunity to move Yandle would only come if Phoenix felt they had the internal capacity (Gormely, Rundblad, Stone) to replace those minutes. Stone is NHL ready (unlikely to be included), Rundblad is close, and Gormely should spend the full year in the AHL. I don't believe there would be much interest in Whitney. Hemsky might be of interest but Phoenix would demand more long term assets with high end potential up front.

It's a hard trade scenario but I think an overpayment of Hemsky, Gagner, and MPS is what I would likely need to consider before I would pull the trigger on a player like Yandle. Not sure what else up front Phoenix would include to make cash and total number of contracts work. Of course this assumes that those three names would work in a Dave Tippett system which I'm not sold on.
There is no way that I am trading Hemsky, Gagner and MPS for Yandle, EDM needs a more physical dman not another puck mover that can't function when the fwds are hitting him hard like Yandle proved in the playoffs.

I would go after a smaller deal. I would do a deal around Gormley.