View Single Post
Old
01-13-2013, 01:03 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgknestrick View Post
Cooke stays on checking #3 line where he plays to his strengths. He does not have top 6 scoring ability. He has never finished above TK in pts/60min either. 3rd line is going to have DJ on it to replace TK unless BB makes the roster in camp. I would love him too, but I have my doubts towards the coaching staff. They always seem to ignore the scoring potential in favor of exaggerating every little defensive gaff the younger players make.

Our 3rd line is going to be more defensive this year and have more D zone time with Staal gone. You don't want to lock up TKs production by having him trapped in his own zone on that 3rd line. DJ will be best played there IMO with his solid 2 way play.

Tangradi is still the odd man out in the top 9 IMO. I don't see any area he excels in, offensively (4th liner production rates) or defensively (very poor). He's not fast or tenacious enough to be a puck retriever either like Kunitz, Duppers or TK is.
That line doesn't need more scoring as much as it needs a guy who can muck it up in the corners. And I think the 3rd line could really use TK because of the scoring he brings in that role. I really hope we don't make this decision purely on individual point totals.

Ogrezilla is online now   Reply With Quote