View Single Post
Old
01-13-2013, 01:30 PM
Lundface*

vCash: 500
I would use Kassian with the Sedins a bit in training camp to see if he can hold his own. He has good passing, and works well downlow. However the reason I don't see it working now, and maybe never, is Kassian doesn't have the greatest work rate. To keep up with the Sedins you need to be constantly moving, reading the play and adjusting to the Sedins next move. Something Burrows does very well. He knows exactly when to attack certain areas in the slot and its the reason he can convert so well with them.

Schroeder in my opinion is a player that thrives when he is gifted space...hence why he does well when playing with good players. I have no doubt in his abilities ( passing very good, a very good shot) he just doesn't have the killer instinct to do things on his own. I would look to insulate him with players that are strong on the puck and can hold onto it and attract defenders. Yeah we don't have the skill to surround him( Jensen looks to be an ideal linemate for him) but might as well give him the best opportunity possible.

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Higgins Schroeder Hansen
Booth Lapierre Raymond
Weise Malholtra Kassian

If Malhotra is back to normal, I'd use him on the third line instead

The only other thing I'd try is

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Schroeder Higgins
Raymond Malholtra Hansen
Weise Lapierre Kassian