View Single Post
Old
01-13-2013, 01:58 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
The Ghandi routine is never OK in my book. We don't need 20 goons. But we need 2-3 guys willing to answer the bell. We need team leadership that answers the bell. I hope they give the other A to someone with some spirit.

I'm not asking Franzen to drop the gloves. But grab the guy, Put him in a headlock, Wrestle the guy. Get involved. Stand up for your teammate.
Yeah, I'm not a fan of always turning the other cheek, but I think that it was ingrained in the team culture to always let the PP answer the shenanigans from other teams (post '90's Wings, of course). I think that came from the team executive level as Babcock had some rough and tumble teams in Anaheim but didn't instill much of that in the Wings after arriving in Detroit.

And what the hell- I'll even agree and say that it would have been nice to see the Mule engage Weber in some way, even if it was just a bear hug or a Bertuzzi leg-hump situation while waiting for the cavalry to arrive. But that's like asking stone hands Abdelkader to become a goal scoring machine- it's not in the guy and it's not going to happen.

Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote